Want to work with incredibly dynamic teammates that come together to form an exceptionally top-notch team and enjoy stunning natural beauty, relax, slow down a bit, and take in the grandeur?
Come join GTOi today! Secret Clearance required.
We are offering a $500 referral bonus, a $500 hiring bonus and a negotiable re-location allowance.
We are looking for an Expert Computer Support Specialist to provide technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages including printing, installation, productivity applications, electronic mail, and operating systems for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) under the Revolutionary Information Technology Services (RITS) contract.
Why should you join the Government Services USACE team?
USACE has a diverse mission supporting vital services throughout the U.S. and operations worldwide. USACE is mostly known for their support of water ways (locks, levees, dams, canals) but they are also involved in a wide variety of support for the DoD and other civil engineering projects.
USACE offers a large network connecting over 1,500 locations, operates two data centers, and supports approximately 37,000 USACE customers working and building infrastructure throughout the world in support of the USACE mission. RITS provides an opportunity to deliver a revolutionary approach for IT services, to move additional IT services to the cloud, and streamline end user support and services, while building and maintaining state of the art solutions.
What will you be doing?
Supports USACE on-site at The Dalles Dam, 75 miles east of Portland, OR (Near Hood River/The Dalles, OR). Explore the sunny and historic Columbia River Gorge town of The Dalles, they only get 15 inches of rain per year meaning sunny days and rolling hills for cyclists, hikers and outdoor explorers! Enjoy the history of one of the oldest settlements on the West Coast! Provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier help desk support is unable to resolve. Provides resolution and/or escalates to
next tier for assistance. Updates and maintains a knowledge base for investigating, diagnosing, and resolving incidents as applicable. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise. Provides recommendations on lifecycle replacement of equipment and manage full-asset management lifecycle from acquisition to disposition IAW USACE policies. Responsible for day-to-day logistics of deploying integrated solutions, including scheduling, provisioning, imaging, patching, securing, sanitizing, testing, tracking, distribution, storage, and transportation of assets. Provides support for USACE COOP activities and USACE-approved training for new technology deployment at US and global locations. Provides desk side technical support services that require technical support or root cause determination that exceeds Tier 1/2 support capabilities. Provides day-to-day technical guidance and desk side support technical assistance to team members. Updates and maintains a knowledge base for investigating,
diagnosing, and resolving incidents as applicable.
- Perform technical, operational, and training support to for desktop hardware and software packages.
- Install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs.
- Troubleshoot printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, perform hardware and software diagnostics, coordinate needed repairs, resolve computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
- Identify, log and track user issues, software conflicts and hardware device conflicts through IT incident ticketing system.
- Escalate more complex problems to Senior Level.
- Provide expert technical knowledge.
- Maintain currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- AA/AS degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 6+ years of professional, applicable experience.
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples include: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SCCP, CCNA-Security certifications).
- Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment.
- Experience supporting Windows 10, and MS Office 2013, MS 365.
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; 8-hour shift between 6AM and 6PM local time. After hours support may be required on an infrequent basis.
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Grimmer Technology and Operations, Inc. (GTOi) is a Small Business Administration 8(a), service-disabled veteran, and woman owned small business committed to integrating new technologies and transforming initiatives into real-world capabilities for the Department of Defense while providing quality careers for Veterans and all GTOi associates. We offer excellent pay and benefits packages and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Submit resume or inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org.